Thursday 6 April 2017

Hanami at Osaka Castle

Hanami is a long-standing Japanese tradition of welcoming spring. Also known as the “cherry blossom festival,” this annual celebration is about appreciating the temporal beauty of nature. People gather under blooming cherry blossoms for food, drink, songs, companionship and the beauty of sakura (cherry blossoms).

 Whilst working in Japan I finally got the chance to view the cherry blossom in bloom. The first time. I came to Japan I missed it by a few weeks so I was pretty chuffed to see it this time.

A friend and I checked out Osaka Castle which was lovely to revisit but packed with tourists - understandably of course.



1 comment:

  1. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Καναδά ετά

    ReplyDelete